1. The principles of conduct governing an individual or a group are referred to as ________.
2. Procedural justice refers to the ________.
a. degree to which managers treat employees with dignity as opposed to abuse or disrespect
b. fairness of the process used to arrive at a decision
c. manner in which managers conduct their interpersonal dealings with employees
d. fairness of a decision’s result
3. The Enron debacle, “It’s not the rules but what employees feel they should do that determines ethical
behavior,” is a description of ________.
a. national culture
b. organizational culture
c. organizational climate
d. organizational ethics
4. The CEO of Southwest Airlines can sometimes be seen helping out at a gate, handling luggage, and assisting
cabin attendants while in flight. This is an example of ________ to create and sustain the company’s culture.
a. organizing ceremonies
b. providing physical support
c. using signs and symbols
d. clarifying expectations
5. All of the following is a step in discipline without punishment except:
a. if no further incidents purge the one-day suspension from the file
b. contact others involved
c. give a paid, one-day “decision-making leave”
d. None of the above.
6. The most drastic step a manager can take in response to an employee offense is ________.
b. time off without pay
c. written warning
d. warning documented in employee file
7. Which of the basis for dismissal is defined as the persistent failure to perform assigned duties or to meet
prescribed standards on the job?
b. changed requirements of job
c. unsatisfactory performance
d. lack of qualifications for job
8. Misconduct, one of the basis for dismissal, is defined as ________.
a. an employee’s inability to do the work assigned because the nature of the job has changed
b. an employee’s inability to do the assigned work despite his or her diligence
c. the deliberate and willful violation of the employer’s rules and may include stealing and
d. the persistent failure to perform assigned duties or to meet prescribed standards on the job
9. What law requires that employers of 100 or more employees receive 60 days’ notice before closing a facility
or starting a layoff of 50 people or more?
a. Electronic Communications Privacy Act
c. Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act
10. The plant closing law requires employers with ________ or more employees to give advance notification
prior to closing a facility.
11. What is the second step in the guidelines for an effective termination interview?
a. plan the interview carefully
b. get to the point
c. describe the situation
12. The ________ shop form of union security means that the company can hire non-union people, but those
people must join the union within a prescribed period of time.
13. In what year was the Wagner Act passed?
14. Which law gave employers the right to express their views concerning union organization?
a. Gompers Act
b. Landrum-Griffin Act
c. Taft-Hartley Act
d. Norris-LaGuardia Act
15. ________ is an organizing tactic by which full-time undercover union organizers are hired unknowingly by
employers in order to sway union elections.
a. Union salting
16. All of the following are examples of permissible bargaining items except:
a. overtime pay
b. use of union label
c. indemnity bonds
d. cafeteria prices
17. Illegal bargaining items are ________.
a. items which must be negotiated according to law
b. a part of negotiations through joint agreement of both management and union
c. forbidden by law
d. All of the above.
18. Fact finding seeks to end an impasse by ________.
a. communicating assessments of the likelihood of a strike
b. interpreting existing contract terms
c. studying the issue in a dispute and making a public recommendation
d. assisting the principals in reaching an agreement
19. Employers dealing with an unfair labor practice strike can use all of the following responses except:
a. shut down the affected area until the strike ends
b. hire permanent replacement workers
c. contract out work to other operations
d. continue operations with supervisors filling in
20. Which of the following is not a basis for reducing and preventing accidents at work?
a. reducing unsafe conditions
b. training employees
c. reducing unsafe acts
d. hiring non-accident-prone workers
21. Which of the following is one of the earliest indicators of possible alcoholism in an employee?
c. avoidance of fellow employees
d. domestic problems
22. A drug-free workplace program includes how many components?
23. All of the following are symptoms of employees in the middle stage of alcoholism except:
b. untrue statements
c. frequent absences
d. mood swings
24. Which of the following is an external factor that can lead to job stress?
a. workaholic personality
c. job security
d. locus of control
25. Which of the following safety concerns only became a top priority of employers following the terrorist
attacks of September 11, 2001?
a. internet security
b. physical asset security
c. workplace violence
d. employee selection and screening
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.