Answer the Following
QUESTION 1- Obligation to Protect Consumers’ Personal/Financial Information
Disclosing our personal and financial information to corporations via online portals, apps and websites has become a necessity of modern life and can hardly be described as optional. Whether we are communicating with our doctors, booking a hotel room or buying a school textbook, online disclosure of personal and financial information is required. Even our employers are requiring us to disclose our personal and financial data to human resource contractors.
Hacking and theft of our personal and financial information is also a fact of modern life. We are understandably angry when we learn that corporations who gathered our personal and financial information did not sufficiently invest in cybersecurity safeguards to prevent hacking.
A federal court has decided that the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has authority to regulate and punish corporations as it pertains to protection of our personal and financial data. In a first of its kind case, the FTC fined Wyndham Worldwide Corporation for lax cybersecurity, leading to three (3) hacking incidents in two (2) years. Please review the link below regarding the case.
Fair, L. (2015, August 25). Third Circuit rules in FTC v. Wyndham case. Federal Trade Commission. Retrieved from https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjKpoCI3fzfAhWmmOAKHUDZAowQFjAAegQICRAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ftc.gov%2Fnews-events%2Fblogs%2Fbusiness-blog%2F2015%2F08%2Fthird-circuit-rules-ftc-v-wyndham-case&usg=AOvVaw2JbjEkM8nbiBLsYFnpuzZX
Many companies believe they should not be required to disclose hacking incidents to their affected customers. Additionally, many companies argue that it is unfair to be fined by the FTC when hackers steal information.
1. Discuss the arguments corporations can make in support of their position that they do not have a duty to disclose hacking incidents to their affected customers?
2. Explain why the court in FTC v. Wyndham Worldwide Corporation agreed that the FTC was justified in fining Wyndham Worldwide Corporation?
QUESTION 2 – Child Labor and Cultural Relativism
Those living in wealthy countries nearly universally condemn businesses that employ impoverished children under the age of 14 in poor countries. Contrarily, families living in poor countries are grateful that businesses come to their countries and offer work to their children.
1. Explain why this division of opinion is a classic example of cultural relativism?
2. Presenting supporting and opposing arguments (for and against), discuss why a business headquartered in a wealthy nation can employ children under the age of 14?
3. Discuss what specific standards and restrictions should govern the practice of using child labor.
Create a Word or Rich Text Format (RTF) document that is double-spaced, 12-point font. The final product will cover all questions provided and should not exceed 8 pages in length excluding the title page and reference page. Write clearly and concisely with complete sentences and indented paragraphs.
Completing the paper
In order to complete this paper, you will want to first read the module, Learn How to Support What You Write, as this assignment requires you to use the course material and research to support what you write. Also,
· Read and use the grading rubric while completing the paper to ensure all requirements are met that will lead to the highest possible grade.
· Third person writing is required. Third person means that there are no words such as “I, me, my, we, or us” (first person writing), nor is there use of “you or your” (second person writing). If uncertain how to write in the third person, view this link: http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/first-second-and-third-person.
· Contractions are not used in business writing, so do not use them.
· Paraphrase and do not use direct quotation marks. Paraphrase means you do not use more than four consecutive words from a source document. Instead put a passage from a source document into your own words and attribute the passage to the source document. Not using direct quotation marks means that there should be no passages with quotation marks and instead the source material is paraphrased as stated above. Note that a reference within a reference list cannot exist without an associated in-text citation and vice versa. You may not use more than four consecutive words from a source document, as doing so would require direct quotation marks. Changing words from a passage does not exclude the passage from having quotation marks. If more than four consecutive words are used from source documents, this material will not be included in the grade and could lead to allegations of academic dishonesty.
· You are expected to use the case scenarios, research and weekly course material to develop the analysis and support the reasoning. Material used from a source document must be cited and referenced. A reference within a reference list cannot exist without an associated in-text citation and vice versa. Changing words from a passage does not exclude the passage from having quotation marks. If more than four consecutive words are used from source documents, this material will not be included in the grade and could lead to allegations of academic dishonesty.
· Use in-text citations and provide a reference list that contains the reference associated with each in-text citation.
· The only book you may use is the course eBook. You may not use a dictionary or Wikipedia.
Business Ethics (2016) Retrieved from https://saylordotorg.github.io/text_the-business-ethics-workshop/
· Provide the page or paragraph number in every in-text citation presented. If the eBook does not have pages, provide the chapter title and topic heading. Note that this is not an APA requirement but an Attention to Instructions requirement.
Emerging Technologies, Data Protection & Privacy
Theme 1: Emerging Technology
Theme 2: Data Protection
Theme 3: Privacy
Consumer Privacy Bill of Rights—not the law
Marketing, Brand Protection, Food Production, Agribusiness & Obesity
Theme 1: Ethical Issues Related to Marketing
Offensive/Exploitive/Insensitive/Violent—short of illegal
False Claims to Making One Healthier, Richer, Younger–illegal
Exploitive/Dangerous to Children & Vulnerable Populations
Stealth Advertising/Conflicts of Interest/Biased Reviewers
Theme 2: Ethical Issues Related to Brand Protection
Controversial Ingredients and Testing of Ingredients
Assembly & Manufacturing Problems
Theme 3: Ethical Issues Related to Food & Drink Production
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.