Respond, with 200-600 words, to the following prompt: Reflect on the term “activity system.” Questions to answer may include the following or more:
Include the total word count of your response with your entry. Include only your response, and not the prompt itself, in your word count.
Journal entries can receive up to 10 points:
Word Count (8 points possible) – Entries that meet the expected word count will receive the full 8 points. Entries shorter than that will receive partial credit according to the proportion of the word count met.
Content (2 points possible) – Entries that are on-topic and demonstrate a thoughtful and complete response will receive 2 points. Entries that are on-topic but demonstrate a vague or incomplete response will receive 1 point. Off-topic responses will receive 0 points.
1. What do you think, currently, about the primary threshold concept for this project unit? (“Writing helps people make meaning and get things done, but there are always constraints.”) What do you think it means? Have you thought about this concept before reading about it in our textbook? If so, in what terms, or in what way, have you thought about this idea?
2. Answer question 1 from page 406 of Writing About Writing (at the end of Kain and Wardle’s introduction to activity theory): “Explain in your own words what an activity system is, and give three examples of activity systems with which you are familiar. For each of these systems, explain what its common motives and goals are.” You may provide brief, simplified explanations of the systems’ goals, if you wish.
3. Define “genre” in your own words, then answer question 2 on page 438 of Writing About Writing (at the end of Marro’s activity analysis): “In Marro’s exploration of how her sorority and another fraternity used the GIN system, how does she help you understand how genres are created by those who use them; reflect their users’ values, goals, and needs; and impact the work of those who use them?”
4. How many activity systems can you think of that use the Bible as a tool? How are the motives of these systems similar or different? Do you belong to any of these systems? Do the uses of the Bible in these systems differ, and, if so, how do these varying uses of the Bible affect the system’s goals?
5. Name one concept from this lesson that you most struggle(d) to understand. What about this concept, term, or idea is troublesome? What do you currently think it means, whether you feel certain or not?
Answer at least 3 questions with, at minimum, a 3-5 sentence paragraph. In-depth, thoughtful, and careful responses are encouraged. Be specific where possible. Label your answers so readers know which questions you are responding to.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.