Analytical chemistry calculations
1. (5 marks) Calculate the solubility product of Hg2SO4 using the following half-reactions: reduction of Hg2SO4(s) to Hg(l) and reduction of Hg22+ to Hg(l).
2. (5 marks) An electrochemical cell is constructed in which both electrodes are made of platinum, but in which one electrode is in contact with an aqueous solution containing [Fe2+]=0.0765M and [Fe3+]=0.176M while the other electrode is in contact with an aqueous solution containing [Ce4+]=0.0376M and [Ce3+]=0.0987M. The two half-cells are connected with a salt bridge of saturated KNO3.What is the potential of this cell at 35.0°C? What is K value for net cell reaction at 35.0°C?
3. (5 marks) Calculate [H+], given the electrochemical cell shown below has an Ecell =1.018 V. The Eo for Fe3+/Fe2+ = 0.771 V and Eo for UO22+/ U4+ = 0.273 V.
Pt(s) | UO22+ (0 .050 M), U4+ (0.050 M), HCO2H (0.1 M), HCO2Na (0.3 M) || Fe3+(0.050 M), Fe2+ (0.025 M) |Pt(s)
4. Calculate the potential of the solution (vs. S.C.E.) in the titration of 50.0 mL of 0.100 M Fe2+ in 1.00M HClO4 with 0.0167 M Cr2O72- at
(a) (4 marks) 10.0 mL titrant added
(b) (2 marks) 25.0 mL titrant added
(c) (4 marks) 49.9 ml titrant added (hint: may need to use an approximation)
(d) (3 marks) 60.0 mL titrant added.
(e) (7 marks) Plot the titration curve using Excel or other spreadsheet software.
(f) (2 marks) What would be a suitable redox indicator for this titration and why?
5. Calculate the potential of the solution (vs. S.C.E.) in the titration of 50.0 mL of 0.100 M Fe2+ in 1.00M HClO4 with 0.100 M Cr2O72- at
(a) (2 marks) 3.0 mL titrant added
(b) (2 marks) 7.0 mL titrant added
(c) (2 marks) 8.40 ml titrant added
(d) (5 marks) Plot the titration curve using Excel or other spreadsheet software. How does the curve compare to the curve obtained in Question 4?
(e) (2 marks) What parameter would you change in redox titration to make the equivalence point easier to detect? Answer the question both in (i) general terms and with specific suggestions for this particular titration.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.