1. Which of the following steps is most likely to be taken by an organization when faced with a labor deficit?
A. They can make use of attrition to reduce the surplus.
B. They can begin downsizing.
C. They can outsource work to contractors.
D. They can offer outplacement to employees.
2. Which of the following is an activity that’s conducted during the human resources environmental scanning process?
A. Employee recruitment
B. Demand forecast
C. Performance appraisal
3. Which of the following acts prohibits discrimination in employment based on race, sex, skin color, national origin, or religion?
A. Civil Rights Act of 1964
B. Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993
C. Immigration Act of 1924
D. Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938
4. Which of the following is one of the strategies that managers can use to cope with high uncertainty and heavy information demands in today’s environments?
A. Cut spending on information systems
B. Limit horizontal relationships
C. Avoid depending on the experience of the organization’s human needs
D. Reduce the need for information
5. In a collective bargaining agreement, a/an _______ gives workers a voice in what goes on during contract negotiations and administration.
A. wage component
B. grievance procedure
C. individual right
D. security clause
6. A/an _______ incentive plan compares a worker’s performance against an objective standard with pay determined by his or her own performance.
7. _______ is the expectation that employees will perform a job, take corrective action when necessary, and report upward on the status and quality of their performance.
A. Job specialization
B. Unity of command
D. Mutual adjustment
8. _______ is a tendency to judge foreign people or groups by the standards of one’s own culture or group and to see one’s own standards as superior.
9. Ryan, as part of his recent promotion, attended a training program that focused on issues like active listening, mentoring, and giving feedback. The training program required Ryan to participate in exercises that focused on these areas along with other managers and employees. Ryan found the seminar to be very helpful in pointing out the different approaches preferred by people from different backgrounds. This type of instruction is common in diversity training and is referred to as
A. gap analysis.
B. awareness building.
C. reverse mentoring.
D. skill building.
10. _______ is the disorientation and stress associated with being in a foreign environment.
A. Ethical lapse
C. Culture shock
11. Which of the following is the first step to be taken in the process of cultivating a diverse workforce?
A. Supply diversity data to government agencies
B. Conduct an organizational assessment
C. Accommodate employees’ work and family needs
D. Gain the support of top management regarding diversity
12. Which of the following is an advantage of a structured interview?
A. It provides a sense of the applicant’s personality.
B. It helps establish rapport.
C. It helps prospective employers make a first cut among candidates.
D. It’s more likely to be free of bias and stereotypes.
13. Which of the following is an advantage of functional departmentalization?
A. Employees can focus exclusively on customer satisfaction.
B. Managers care more about the company as a whole than their departments only.
C. Economies of scale can be realized.
D. It encourages managers to become generalists.
14. _______ diversity promotes creativity and innovation because people from different backgrounds hold different perspectives.
A. Interview team
B. Work team
C. Management team
D. Customer base
15. Which of the following is a function of a job analysis?
A. Determine if recruiting should be done internally or externally
B. Describe the skills and knowledge needed
C. Determine the applicant’s educational level
D. Provide a demographic profile of the “correct” candidate
16. Subdividing an organization into smaller units in a horizontal structure is
17. The three basic employee benefits required by law are
A. worker’s compensation, Social Security, and unemployment insurance.
B. flexible benefits programs, Social Security, and unemployment insurance.
C. pension plans, healthcare, and flexible benefit programs.
D. worker’s compensation, healthcare, and pension plans.
18. The unity-of-command principle states that a person should have
A. multiple managers.
B. no boss.
C. only one boss.
D. only two bosses.
19. Reese was offered a promotion in exchange for a date with her supervisor. She was upset, as she had no interest in dating him, yet she agreed because she really wanted the promotion. This is an example of
A. performance reciprocity.
B. social loafing.
C. quid pro quo harassment.
20. The final stage in the human resources planning process involves
A. evaluating the decisions made for legal compliance.
B. discharging employees ineffective at realizing organizational goals.
C. evaluating the activities conducted to ensure that they’re producing the desired results.
D. restarting the entire process.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.