True or False Questions ch 7
1. It is important to repeat bad news several times to make sure the reader understands it.
2. By presenting a mixed message, phrases like “I am sorry that we have chosen not to” can confuse the reader.
3. The subject line in a bad news message should always be positive.
4. A direct bad news message would be appropriate for minor delays.
5. A direct bad news message should close with a goodwill statement that refers to the bad news.
6. An indirect bad news message should end with a pleasant goodwill message.
7. Internal messages on routine matters may not require buffers.
8. An apology is always a good way to start an indirect bad news letter.
9. An apology or statement of understanding is a type of bad news buffer.
10. Company policy is a convincing part of an explanation.
11. Including your personal reaction in an explanation of your employer’s refusal to comply with the reader’s request is a good way to maintain a connection with the reader.
12. Implied refusals may backfire if readers don’t grasp the negative information.
13. Putting the bad news at the end of a long sentence is a good idea.
14. Apologies cannot expose organizations to legal liabilities.
15. Repeating the bad news in the closing will solidify your position.
16. In the closing, you should not apologize for refusing a request.
17. The indirect strategy should be used when declining a request to write a letter of recommendation.
18. An apology in a claim refusal can weaken your position.
19. Whether to present bad news to employees directly or indirectly is a matter of corporate culture.
20. A personal letter is a must for job applicants selected for interview but not hired.
21. The indirect structure is a good choice for delivering bad news to job applicants.
22. When declining an invitation, it is acceptable to send brief regrets for large-scale events where your absence is unlikely to be felt.
23. The indirect structure is a good choice for giving a customer bad news about his or her order.
24. When using the indirect strategy, it is preferable to combine the bad news with a reasonable explanation or good news alternative.
25. An apology can serve the function of restoring dignity and a sense of justice.
26. It is important to apologize for any serious trouble or inconvenience for which you or your company is responsible.
27. Constantly using writer-centred remarks is effective because the remarks distract the reader from his or her own problems.
28. Always begin a refusal letter with a big ego-booster for the reader.
29. Offering good wishes to the reader is more important when declining job applications and invitations.
30. Even when the matter mentioned in the negative message isn’t open for debate or discussion, the writer should always sign off with an offer to discuss the matter further
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.