write one page.
Discussion questions for Case Tesla:
1. What’s Tesla’s major business and industry? How profitable is this industry in general based on five-force model analysis (you can refer to your answer to Ch2 Assignment#2)? What business-level strategy is Tesla using now? Differentiation, cost-leadership, integrated, focused?
2. Based on the internal analysis of Tesla, what is Tesla’s core competency? I.e. those resources and capabilities that Tesla possesses that are valuable, rare, costly to duplicate, and non-substitutable? Compared with its major competitors, what is Tesla’s weakness in terms of resources and capabilities?
3. Based on the external analysis of Tesla, what are the major threats to Tesla’s current business-level strategy and product? What strategy and strategic adjustments do you recommend to deal with these threats? Are these adjustments consistent with Tesla’s core competency?
4. Based on your answer to Q2&Q3, what are the major obstacles for Tesla to make these strategic adjustment (such as resources needed but not possessed by Tesla)? What do you recommend the management to do to solve these problems?
Here are some references you may find useful for update of Tesla. You can use it in your own case report.
1. Tesla’s Form10K of 2015
1.1 Item 1 Business overview and Item 1A Risk factor; this is usually the best place to start a SWOT analysis.
1.2 Item 8, balance sheet and income statement;
2. In 2014, Tesla announced that it will not initiate patent lawsuits against anyone who, in good faith, wants to use its technology.
3. Bloomberg Business report, “Will the Next Tesla Sell for $25,000?”
4. Bloomberg Business report, “The Chevy Bolt”
5. WSJ Feb13, 2015, Apple Gears Up to Challenge Tesla in Electric Cars
The best sources to get updated info of a company (as listed in Lecture Note#5) are:
1. Company website (financial forms) for company level info;
2. Industry wide database, Nasdaq, or Yahoo! Finance for industry info, stock price movement, and competitor info;
3. News websites for updated industry and company info.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.