Instructions: Ethnography Paper ASSIGNMENT
In an original paper of at least 1,500 words , write an ethnography of a subculture, group, or community related to your theme. A group constitutes more than two individuals. This is largely an informative paper; the goal of the ethnography is to present observations, information, and research on the subculture as a means for educating your audience about the subculture.
Ultimately, an ethnography should answer this question: What does studying this group of individuals reveal about group dynamics, culture, and/or human behavior? Like a documentary film, an ethnography tells the story of a group of people. You may choose an online subculture or an on-campus/community subculture, but the subculture must be a group of individuals whom you can observe and study this semester. Ethnography is concerned with humans and human behavior. An ethnography is similar to telling a story; like a documentary film, and ethnography will attempt to provide a “behind the scenes” look at a group of individuals. Like a story, an ethnography often has a setting (like a workplace, for example) and characters (the real people comprising the group). Consider the sample Ethnography papers posted in Canvas as examples of this type of writing.
GOALS OF THE ASSIGNMENT
1. Analyze an assignment prompt and develop a strategy for responding to the prompt;
2. Craft an effective thesis statement that provides focus for an academic paper;
3. Use writing to show evidence of critical thinking;
4. Use ethical field research and firsthand observation methods to gather information;
5. Express intellectually stimulating ideas using clear, grammatically correct prose; 6. Practice using first-person point-of-view in an objective, unbiased manner.
Your paper should include:
1. An introductory paragraph and thesis statement. The introduction should identify the subculture you are investigating. The thesis statement should focus the paper and indicate, in a single sentence, the most significant characteristics of the subculture.
2. Body paragraphs with topic sentences. The body of the paper should address specific characteristics of the subculture. You may address how the members of the subculture interact with each other, the types of discourse and language used by members of the group, the beliefs and values shared by the group, specific cultural characteristics of the group (including dress, domestic customs, daily activities, involvement with the broader community, festivals and celebrations, etc.), and the organizational structure of the group/community.
3. Information based on observation and/or interviews with a member or members of the subculture.
4. In-text citations as needed and a correctly formatted APA References page.
5. A conclusion that discusses the implications of your findings and/or discusses how the study of this group relates to broader social/cultural issues.
6. A correctly formatted APA title page, including a paper title. An abstract is not required.
Your final draft must cite and make reference to at least 5 credible sources.
At least one source must be an interview. You may either conduct an interview yourself or use a published interview, conducted by someone else, to meet this requirement. Your goal should be to conduct or locate an interview with a member of the group you are studying. You are welcome to include additional sources and references as needed. Consider field research methods described in Chapter 11 of the Palmquist textbook.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.