Use the information provided below to complete the questions. Total points = 100.
Suppose that data below corresponds to the small nation of Cruzville with a population of 189 people. Of the 189 residents 57 are under 16 years of age, and 11 are institutionalized adults. People in the last two categories are not considered to be in the labor force. Of the remaining 121 residents, 16 are without jobs and have given up searching for a job, 6 do not have a job, but are actively seeking work, 20 work part time, and the rest work full time. Over the years, the natural rate of unemployment has been found to be 7%. In 2014, the consumer price index (CPI) was 112, and in 2015 the CPI was 130.
1. According to the information provided in the GDP background information handout, a) what are the 4 categories of the expenditures approach? B) how are these categories used to calculate GDP? (8 points)
2. According to table 2 in the GDP background information handout, what are the subcategories of Personal Consumption Expenditures? (8 points)
3. According to table 2 in the GDP background information handout handout, what are the subcategories of Gross Private Domestic Investment? (8 points)
CALCULATING INFLATION & UNEMPLOYMENT
1. Cruzville economists have been using 2013 as their base year to calculate inflation.
a) What is the CPI during the base year (2013)? B) What is the CPI for 2014? C) What is the CPI for 2015? (3 points)
2. Calculate the rate of inflation for Cruzville between the base year (2013) and 2014? In other words, what was the rate by which prices increased between those years. Round the percentage to one decimal place; that is, 4.36% is 4.4%. (8 points)
3. Calculate the rate of inflation for Cruzville between 2014 and 2015? In other words, what was the rate by which prices increased between those years. Round the percentage to one decimal place; that is, 4.36% is 4.4%. (8 points)
4. How many discouraged workers does Cruzville currently have? Is this group considered to be in the Labor Force? Why or why not? (8 points)
5. Calculate the unemployment rate for Cruzville. Round the percentage to one decimal place; that is, 4.36% is 4.4%. (8 points)
6. Once you have calculated the current unemployment rate in Cruzville, what is the corresponding “employment rate”. In other words, which proportion of the labor force is considered employed? (8 points)
7. When an economy is experiencing an unemployment rate equal to the natural rate of unemployment, it is said to be at full employment. If in Cruzville, the natural rate of unemployment is 7%, what is the “full employment rate” or ratio. In other words, which proportion of the labor force is “fully employed”? (8 points)
8. According to the data, is the economy of Cruzville of performing at, above or below full employment? Explain. (7 points)
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.