Replies: Provide 2 thoughtful replies to the threads of classmates. Each reply must include an analysis of your classmates’ threads, based on any experience from your own professional career (if applicable) that might be relevant. All replies must be 200–250 words. Also, be sure to integrate the required reading in a logical and relevant manner.
You must cite:
Submit your thread by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Wednesday of the assigned module/week, and submit your replies by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of the same module/week.
Being a Powerful Leader
Edgar Luna Ogando
Trough out the years I have had great leaders; some of them were not natural born leaders but they learned, through many years of experience, technical and tactical schools that helped them to understand how to take care of Soldiers in combat or garrison, they were able to influence me to accomplish any mission by either rewarding me with free time or positive feedback. They were extremely intelligent and humble. They had a lot of consideration for the individual Soldiers and the team; most of them believed that there is a God, that wants us to do the right thing by helping others and be humble. While deployed you get in this mind set of not respecting the way of life of the natives in our area of operation. These good leaders always are calm, collective and emotionally stable; always talking how great is God and the benefit of always having him in your heart “Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith” (Hebrews 13:7). I also had these natural born leaders, these ones had this incredible charismatic power that at times was overwhelming because they knew Soldiers wanted to be led by them. Some of them were border line narcissist and Machiavellian. When I was a younger Soldier and trusted these aggressive, effective leaders, who promised to bring me back from war, for example: in Iraq we took multiple strong holds of enemy insurgency with extreme arrogance and lack of respect.
When I analyze in my experience, the results form one natural leader to the non-natural were very similar. The main difference is that some of the best leaders were more spiritual orientated than the others.
In Kinicki and Fugate (Ch 13.3 p,513). It is a fact, that effective leaders behave in similar ways. The most successful leaders in my organization are the ones who are able to establish systems and run them efficiently, and once he or she leaves the unit does not collapse; for example: once I finished my time as a troop commander my last evaluation criteria was based on how my successor was able to run my troop for his first 45 to 60 days, this period of time showed to my superiors how well my systems were able to maintain and be able to merge with the new commander systems. This system that my commander established in our Brigade gave a better understanding across the formation on how to take care of your peers and for consequence the organization.
I was in some way surprised by the similarities of the Organizational Behavior view from Kinicki and Fugate and Field Manual 6-22 Leader Development (June,2015) on Leadership. Kinicki and Fugate describe Leadership as “a process whereby an individual influence a group of individuals to achieve a common goal”. The Army definition of leadership “is the process of influencing people by providing purpose, direction, and motivation to accomplish the mission and improve the organization”. This shows how the military is incorporating good organizational behavior techniques not just on leadership lessons, but also in a general operational view. “Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves” (Philippians 2:3).
· Kinicki, A., & Fugate, M. (2018). Organizational behavior
· Liberty University, BMAL 500, Presentation: Lesson 6- Leadership & Lesson 7- Power, Conflict & Negotiation
· Field Manual 6-22, (2015). Leader Development
· Discussion Three
· Top of Form
· Once a decision has been made stakeholders must evaluate to make sure the decision will be effective in solving the problem.
· Kiana Miller
· “Decision making entails identifying and choosing from among alternate solutions that lead to a desire state of affairs.”(p.423, A.Kinicki, M.Fugate) Decision making is broken down into four rational stages. Stage one, identifying the problem or opportunity; It is extremely important to determine the difference between what is logical than what is to be desired. stage two, generate alternative solutions; be creative and think outside of the box. It is important to come up with many different ideas on how things should be done to create a positive and satisfactory work environment. Stage three, evaluate alternative and select a solution; ask these questions, is the solution Feasible? is it ethical? and will it solve the problem? Lastly, implement and evaluate the solutions chosen; Once a decision has been made stakeholders must evaluate to make sure the decision will be effective in solving the problem. (p.425, A.Kinicki, M.Fugate)
· “Evidence based decision making is the process of conscientiously using the best available data and evidence when making managerial decisions.”(p. 435, A. Kinicki, M.Fugate) From my personal experiences; I am a High School lacrosse coach, although my job does not require me to be in a cooperate office i still meet with my fellow coaching staff and individually research and examine statistics. That of opposing players for scouting purposes and also of my own players to pinpoint weaknesses so we know what improvements need to be made in order to better our team.
· “Value Orientation is the extent to which and individual focuses on either task and technique concerns or people and social concerns when making decisions.” (p. 439, A.Kinicki, M.Fugate). I find this to be an issue amongst other coaches. Value oriented people only really see the big picture and the issues that picture may have. They do not see the issues in the detail that it took to make the big picture. “Value oriented people are very task-focused at work and do not pay much attention to people issues.” (p.439, A.Kinicki, M. Fugate) When coaching a successful team you must be able to fix each player individually and point out what it is they could work on to improve their overall game because once every player understands their strengths and weaknesses, they are able to gel better together which is what creates a successful program.
·Bottom of Form
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.