Due Date: The assignment will be released at 1pm on 7 June 2021 (Melbourne Time) and is due by 1pm 12 June 2021 (Melbourne Time). You will be given 5 days to complete the assignment.
You work for firm ABC situated in Australia, and your boss has become concerned about the current economic environment, especially as it is related to the different types of exposures that your firm may face in the near future. You are asked to provide a report, which evaluates how your firm is exposed, the risk management implications for your firm, and possible hedging strategies. You are also required to provide a recommendation for what your firm should do.
Information about Firm ABC:
1. The firm imports medical equipment to Australia from foreign suppliers located in Japan, the United States and the Switzerland.
2. The firm also exports pharmaceuticals from Australia to Singapore.
3. The firm has a payment of 600,000,000 JPY due in 3 months to their supplier in Japan, a payment of 5,000,000 USD due in 3 months to their supplier in US, and a payment of 7,000,000 CHF due in 2-month time to their supplier in Switzerland.
4. The firm is due to receive 9,000,000 SGD from their customer in Singapore in 4 months.
5. The firm also have 10,000,000 CHF deposited in a bank in Zurich and the deposit is due to mature in 2 months. The money was deposited 10 months ago at an interest rate of 1.75% p.a.
You are required to prepare a report, which should contain the following information:
1. Use the information above to consider the types of exposure your firm may face.
2. Discuss the firm’s risk management implications and design hedging strategies for the firm. You also need to evaluate the hedging outcome – what will the outcome be if exposure is hedged and what will the outcome be if exposure is not hedged.
3. You should consider the effect of the current economic environment on foreign exchange market, demand for exports/imports, supply of exports/imports and other relevant economic indicators, and relate this to how this may impact the firm.
Allocation of Marks
The assignment accounts for 40% (a total of 40 marks) of students’ final grade for BAFI1018 International Finance. Marks will be allocated as follows:
1. Exposure (10 marks)
Marks will be awarded based on your understanding of different types of exposure related to this firm
2. Understanding of risk management (5 marks)
Marks will be awarded based on your understanding of the importance of risk management and the available risk management measures including potential hedging strategies
3. Design of hedging strategies (10 marks)
Marks will be awarded based on the relevance, the effectiveness and the cost of the proposed hedging strategies
4. Hedging outcome (10 marks)
Marks will be awarded based on your calculation and evaluation of the outcome if the company’s exposure is hedged using the proposed strategies as well as the outcome if the company’s exposure is not hedged.
5. Communication (5 marks)
Marks will be awarded based on how well the report communicates analysis, arguments and viewpoints and how well the report is written. Students
• _The project is due by 1pm 14 June 2021 (Melbourne Time)
• _Each student is required to submit a project report, including all the supporting analysis and materials by the due date. The report should be no longer than 1500 words (excluding reference, tables and appendices). Citation and referencing should be provided where necessary. Students should follow the Harvard referencing style.
• _All report submissions must be made electronically to Turnitin. The report must be using 1.5 or 2.0 spacing and 12 point Times New Roman font.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.