AC499 Unit 7 Assignment Questions
1. The current income tax system was:
a. Designed solely to raise money to run the government
b. Authorized by the founding fathers when the government was formed
c. Not designed with social objectives in mind
d. Authorized by the Sixteenth Amendment to the Constitution in 1913
e. None of the above
2. Partnership income is reported on:
a. Form 1040
b. Form 1120
c. Form 1040X
d. Form 1065
3. Which of the following is a deduction for adjusted gross income in 2012?
a. Alimony payments
b. Medical expenses
c. Personal casualty losses
d. Charitable contributions
e. None of the above
4. All of the following are itemized deductions in 2012 except:
a. Charitable contributions
b. Casualty losses
c. Moving expenses
d. Medical expenses
e. All of the above are itemized deductions
5. Ramon, a single taxpayer, has adjusted gross income for 2012 of $ 98,000 and his itemized deductions total $ 19,000. What taxable income will Ramon show in 2012?
a. $ 73,550
b. $ 75,200
c. $ 92,550
d. $ 89,050
e. $ 70,050
6. Margaret and her sister support their mother and together provide 85 percent of their mother’s support. If Margaret provides 40% of her mother’s support:
a. Her sister is the only one who can claim their mother as a dependent
b. Neither Margaret nor her sister may claim their mother as a dependent
c. Both Margaret and her sister may claim their mother as a dependent
d. Margaret and her sister may split the dependency exemption
e. Margaret may claim her mother as a dependent if her sister agrees in a multiple support agreement
7. Lyn, age 65, and Robert, age 66, are married and support Lyn’s father (no taxable income) and Robert’s mother, who has $ 2,200 of gross income. If they file a joint return for 2012, how many exemptions may Lyn and Robert claim?
8. Arthur is 65 years old. He supports his father, who is 90 years old, blind, and has no income. For 2012, how many exemptions should Arthur claim on his tax return?
9. Jayne purchased General Motors stock 6 years ago for $20,000. In 2012, she sells the stock for $35,000. What is Jayne’s gain or loss?
a. $ 15,000 long- term
b. $ 15,000 short-term
c. $ 15,000 ordinary
d. $ 15,000 extraordinary
e. No gain or loss is recognized on this transaction
10. Shannon has a long-term capital loss of $7,000 on the sale of bonds in 2012. His taxable income without this transaction is $48,000. What is his taxable income considering this capital loss?
a. $ 55,000
b. $ 48,000
c. $ 45,000
d. $ 41,000
e. Some other amount
11. All of the following items are taxable to the taxpayer receiving them, except:
b. Damages for physical personal injury
c. Unemployment compensation
e. Gambling winnings
12. Which of the following types of income is tax free?
a. Welfare payments
b. Income earned illegally
c. Dividends from foreign corporations
d. Dividends from closely held corporations
e. Dividends from utility corporations’ stock
13. Which of the following is included in gross income?
c. Tuition and books scholarships
d. Hobby income
e. None of the above
14. Which of the following items would be includable in the gross income of the recipient?
a. Insurance payments for medical care of a dependent child
b. Insurance payments for loss of the taxpayer’s sight
c. Season tickets given by a salesperson to a customer
d. Interest from bonds issued by the state of Texas
e. Lodging provided to a worker on a remote oil rig
15. For 2012, the maximum % of Social Security benefits that must be included in gross income is:
16. Generally, modified adjusted gross income (MAGI) is adjusted gross income (without Social Security benefits):
a. Less tax-exempt interest
b. Less personal and dependency exemptions
c. Less itemized deductions
d. Less tax-exempt interest plus any foreign income exclusion
e. Plus tax-exempt interest income
17. Ironwood Corporation has ordinary taxable income of $40,000 for calendar- year 2012, and a long-term capital loss of $20,000. What is the corporation’s tax liability for 2012?
a. $ 4,500
b. $ 6,000
c. $ 7,500
d. $ 10,000
e. None of the above
18. Which of the following is not a corporate organizational expenditure that may be amortized?
a. The cost of organizational meetings
b. Fees paid to the state for incorporation
c. Accounting fees incident to organization
d. Legal fees incident to organization
e. All of the above are organizational expenditures
19. Which of the following is not required for a corporation to be classified as a small business corporation and be eligible to make an S corporation election in 2012?
a. The corporation must have 100 or fewer shareholders.
b. The corporation must be a domestic corporation.
c. The corporation must have both common and preferred stock.
d. The shareholders of the corporation must not be nonresident aliens.
e. All shareholders must be one of the following: individuals, estates, certain trusts, or financial institutions.
20. Travis transfers land with a fair market value of $125,000, basis of $25,000, to a corporation in exchange for 100% of the corporation’s stock. What amount of gain must Travis recognize as a result of this transaction?
a. $ 0
b. $ 25,000
c. $ 100,000
d. $ 125,000
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.