For this discussion, you’ll practice research techniques that will help you understand how to find sources for the various assignments in WRTG 391.
Here’s how to start:
Assume you work for a company that is hiring more and more “Generation Z” employees.
Your supervisor has asked you to conduct research on issues regarding employees from Generation Z. She’s heard that Generation Z may have different expectations of the work environment from those from older generations. In addition, she mentions that Generation Z might have different habits with regard to their use of technology.
In short, she has a vague idea about this generation, but nothing very definite—and she’d like to learn more.
Because she needs basic information, your task is to conduct a very general search on Generation Z and their work or technology habits. You don’t need to focus your topic now, although she may ask you for more information at a later date.
Here’s what you’ll need to do:
(1) Using the strategies discussed in Video Tutorial #1, search on some terms to find your articles. Your search can be broad at this stage.
– List the topic you searched (e.g., “post-millennials”)
– List your search terms. Include at least three (3) terms. (e.g., “employees”)
(2) Write the titles of the four articles and the journals in which they appeared. (e.g., “Understanding Generational Differences in Workplace Environments,” Harvard Business Journal)
(3) Using the strategies discussed in Library Video #2, conduct a new search on a topic that’s either related to your major or to your work. As the video demonstrates, use quotation marks around your search phrase.
– List your search phrase(s). (e.g., “academic writing”)
– List how many search results you received. (e.g., 151,022)
(4) Focus your search from question #2 by using the SU-subject terms option from the drop-down menu for one of the rows.
– List the number of search results you have after limiting the search by using SU-subject terms. (e.g., 583)
(5) Finally, using the strategies mentioned in Video Tutorial #3, locate the research guide for your major. If you haven’t declared a major yet, please select one that interests you from drop-down menu.
– Describe any interesting resources you’ve discovered (1-2 sentences). (e.g., “Under ‘Research Guides for Writing,’ I found a link to a helpful website, Purdue OWL Writing Resources. It includes tips on everything from grammar to APA, MLA, and CMS citations.”)
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.