1) When referring to the normal probability distribution, there is not just one; there is a “family” of distributions.
2) The standard normal probability distribution is unique because it has:
Any mean and a standard deviation of 1
-A mean of 0 and any standard deviation
-A mean of 0 and a standard deviation of 1
-A mean of 1 and any standard deviation
3) Tables of normal distribution probabilities are found in many statistics books. These probabilities are calculated from a normal distribution with. Choose one:
a mean of 100 and a standard deviation of 15
a mean of 1 and a standard deviation of 1
a mean of 0 and a standard deviation of 1
a mean of 0 and a standard deviation of 15
4) What is the percentage of the total area under the normal curve within plus and minus two standard deviations of the mean? Choose one:
5) The time to fly between New York City and Chicago is uniformly distributed with a minimum of 120 minutes and a maximum of 150 minutes. What is the probability that a flight is between 125 and 140 minutes? Choose one:
6) If an average of 12 customers are served per hour, then one customer arrives every. Choose one.
7) In a uniform probability distribution, P(x) is constant between the distribution’s minimum and maximum values.
8) The total area of a normal probability distribution is. Choose one:
-approximated by the binomial distribution.
-dependent on a value of ‘z’.
-between -3.0 and 3.0.
9) The shape of any uniform probability distribution is. Choose one:
10) The time to fly between New York City and Chicago is uniformly distributed with a minimum of 120 minutes and a maximum of 150 minutes. What is the mean? Choose one:
11) For the exponential distribution, the mean and standard deviation are equal.
12) Some normal probability distributions have equal arithmetic means, but their standard deviations may be different.
13) A random variable from an experiment where outcomes are normally distributed. Choose one:
-can have a mean of 0 and a standard deviation of 1.
-can have only a few discrete values.
-can have no values.
-can have any value between – ∞ and + ∞.
14) If an average of 60 customers are served per hour, then one customer arrives every. Choose one:
15) What is a normal distribution with a mean of 0 and a standard deviation of 1 called? Choose one:
-Binomial probability distribution
-Standard normal distribution
16) A binomial distribution has 50 trials (n = 50) with a probability of success of 0.50 (π=0.50). To use the normal distribution to approximate the binomial, what are the mean and standard deviation? Choose one?
µ =25 and σ = 4.33
µ =25 and σ = 12.5
µ = 25 and σ = 3.5355
µ =50 and σ = 100
17) In an illustration of a normal probability distribution, a shaded area represents. Choose one:
-a standard deviation
18) Two normal distributions are compared. One has a mean of 10 and a standard deviation of 10. The second normal distribution has a mean of 10 and a standard deviation of 2. Which of the following is true?
-The distributions are from two different families of distributions
-The dispersions of the distributions are different
-The dispersions of the distributions are the same
-The locations of the distributions are different
19) The area under the normal curve within plus and minus one standard deviation of the mean is about 68.26%.
20) The standard deviation of any uniform probability distribution is. Choose one of the following:
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.