Unit 5 Discussion 1 – External versus Internal Skills
* Finding the best mix of new perspectives and existing knowledge is an important aspect of the public sector human resources manager’s challenge.
* Consider and explain how to bring necessary skills into the organization without upsetting productivity in the workforce.
* Describe the challenges and pitfalls you need to be aware of as you balance locally available skills with internal skills as you recruit talent to your organization.
* Be sure to support your positions with appropriately cited references to academically sound sources.
Unit 5 Study 1- Readings
Use your Public Personnel Management text to complete the following:
• Read Chapter 5, “Defining and Organizing Work.” The text will explore the topic of job descriptions from the viewpoint of different groups, such as elected officials and employees, and the role of the job description in the organization in helping the employee advance.
To successfully complete this learning unit, you will be expected to:
1. Use existing theory bases to explain the requirements of the job description in maintaining progress within the organization.
2. Discuss the function of the job description and its impact on operations within a public setting.
3. Demonstrate the ability to create more efficient personnel management practices by explaining the function of the job description within a public setting.
INTRODUCTION – Unit 5 – Job Design and Skills Inventories
In this unit, you will take up the concept of the job description. Job descriptions are necessary for current employees to understand what they are to do to forward the objectives of the mission of the organization and its goals, and for
human resources managers to recruit and hire employees with the skills to complete the job tasks needed in order to deliver services.
With the job description completed, a human relations manager must understand what skills the job has and the skills that the organization has within its current staff with the use of a skills inventory. This comparison allows the development of a list of skills that must be acquired by either training current staff or recruiting new staff with these skills. You will experience the skills inventory this week in your project and explore whether it is more effective to train staff or hire new staff for your organization.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.