Textbook #1: Lane et al. Introduction to Statistics, David M. Lane et al., 2013.
( http://onlinestatbook.com/Online_Statistics_Education.pdf )
Textbook #2:Illowsky et al. Introductory Statistics, Barbara Illowsky et al., 2013.
Lane – Chapter 2: 7,9 and Chapter 3: 6,8,30,31
7. For the data from the 1977 Stat. and Biom. 200 class for eye color, construct:
a. pie graph
b. horizontal bar graph
c. vertical bar graph
d. a frequency table with the relative frequency of each eye color
9. Which of the box plots on the graph has a large positive skew? Which has a large negative skew?
6. You recorded the time in seconds it took for 8 participants to solve a puzzle. These times appear in the table on the right. However, when the data was entered into the statistical program, the score that was supposed to be 22.1 was entered as 21.2. You had calculated the following measures of central tendency: the mean, the median, and the mean trimmed 25%. Which of these measures of central tendency will change when you correct the recording error?
8. You know the minimum, the maximum, and the 25th, 50th, and 75th percentiles of a distribution. Which of the following measures of central tendency or variability can you determine? Mean, Median, Mode, Trimean, Geometric Mean, Range, Interquartile Range, Variance, Standard Deviation
For #30 and #31 see the ADHD Treatment Case Study
30. What is the mean number of correct responses of the participants after taking the placebo (0 mg/kg)?
31. What are the standard deviation and the interquartile range of the d0 condition?
Illowsky – Chapter 2: 78, 80, 84, 88
78. Twenty-five randomly selected students were asked the number of movies they watched the previous week. The results are as follows.
a. Construct a histogram of the data.
b. Complete the columns of the chart.
80. Use the following information: Suppose one hundred eleven people who shopped in a
special t-shirt store were asked the number of t-shirts they own costing more than $19 each.
If the data were collected by asking the first 111 people who entered the store, then the type of sampling is:
b. simple random
84. Given the following box plot:
a. which quarter has the smallest spread of data? What is that spread?
b. which quarter has the largest spread of data? What is that spread?
c. find the interquartile range (IQR).
d. are there more data in the interval 5–10 or in the interval 10–13? How do you know this?
e. which interval has the fewest data in it? How do you know this?
v. need more information
88. Given the following box plots, answer the questions.
a. In complete sentences, explain why each statement is false.
i. Data 1 has more data values above two than Data 2 has above two.
ii. The data sets cannot have the same mode.
iii. For Data 1, there are more data values below four than there are above four.
b. For which group, Data 1 or Data 2, is the value of “7” more likely to be an outlier?
Explain why in complete sentences
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.