1. Which of the following is the person responsible for accomplishing an organization’s goals by
planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling personnel?
2. Larry, a manager at a commercial real estate firm, has established a monthly sales quota for his
sales team. Which basic function of management best describes Larry’s actions?
3. ________ is the process of acquiring, training, appraising, and compensating employees, and
attending to their labor relations, health and safety, and fairness concerns.
a. Organizational health and safety management
b. Human resource management
c. Behavioral management
d. Labor relations
4. According to experts, the primary hindrance to a firm’s productivity is its inability to ________.
a. use advanced accounting controls
b. acquire and maintain human capital
c. establish effective manufacturing facilities
d. attain adequate cash and credit
5. Which of the following is most likely a line function of the human resource manager?
a. representing the interests of employees to senior management
b. directing the activities of subordinates in the HR department
c. ensuring that line managers are implementing HR policies
d. advising line managers about how to implement EEO laws
6. All of the following are examples of human resource specialties EXCEPT ________.
a. job analyst
b. labor relations specialist
c. compensation manager
d. financial advisor
7. ________ refers to the tendency of firms to extend their sales, ownership, and/or manufacturing
to new markets abroad.
a. Export growth
8. Which of the following best explains the shift from manufacturing to service jobs in the U.S.?
a. firms producing their own raw materials
b. web-based training programs for blue-collar workers
c. creation of integrated supply chains.
d. global environmental concerns and legislation
9. Tara Robles earned an MBA degree and is now an HR manager for a Fortune 500 company. In
which of the following tasks does Tara’s advanced degree benefit her the most?
a. recruiting college graduates for entry-level positions
b. distributing pension payments to retiring employees
c. using application service providers to expedite employee services
d. assisting upper management in formulating business strategies
10. The EEOC was initially established to investigate complaints about ________.
a. job discrimination
b. structural accommodations for disabled people
c. sexual harassment in schools
d. unfair business practices
11. Paul is a 49-year-old American of Anglo-Saxon descent. What legislation is most likely
intended to protect Paul from discrimination?
a. Equal Pay Act of 1963
b. Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967
c. Executive Order 11375
d. Executive Order 11246
12. Which of the following is NOT a form of sexual harassment according to EEOC guidelines?
a. verbal conduct of a sexual nature that unreasonably interferes with work performance
b. mutually consensual physical conduct of a sexual nature between co-workers
c. unwelcome sexual advances that create an intimidating work environment
d. physical conduct of a sexual nature that creates an offensive work environment
13. Gus is always making sexual jokes at work. Many employees find the jokes funny, but Shelley,
Gus’s executive assistant, is uncomfortable with the jokes. Eventually, she decides to quit her
job rather than endure the jokes any longer. What form of sexual harassment has Shelley
a. hostile environment created by supervisors
b. hostile environment created by co-workers
c. quid pro quo
d. hostile environment created by nonemployees
14. Sanders Sporting Goods, an international sporting goods chain, is being sued for sexual
harassment by a former Sanders employee. The plaintiff asserts that she was the victim of
numerous unwanted sexual advances from a male co-worker. The woman claims that Sanders’
management condoned a hostile work environment and that the company is liable for the
actions of the male employee.
All of the following are most likely relevant questions to address in this court case EXCEPT:
a. Is the male co-worker a U.S. citizen and is Sanders a U.S. entity?
b. Does Sanders have a record of employees who claim disparate treatment in the work
c. Did Sanders take reasonable care to prevent sexual harassment in the work place?
d. Does Sanders have a policy statement regarding sexual harassment?
15. Which of the following involves comparing the percentage of the minority/protected group
and white workers in an organization with the percentage of the corresponding group in the
a. personnel population comparison approach
b. McDonnell-Douglas test
c. population comparisons approach
d. restricted policy comparison method
16. All of the following are steps involved in the strategic management process EXCEPT ________.
a. crafting a course of action
b. defining the business and developing a mission
c. offshoring low-skill jobs
d. evaluating the firm’s internal and external situation
17. Which of the following activities most likely indicates that a firm is implementing a vertical
a. selling unprofitable divisions
b. purchasing a competitor’s firm
c. producing raw materials
d. aggressively selling a new product
18. The 2008 announcement by Starbucks that it would be closing approximately 600 of its stores
suggests the firm was using a ________ strategy.
a. vertical integration
c. geographic expansion
19. Human resource strategies are the ________ used to support a firm’s strategic goals.
a. visions and objectives
b. missions and goals
c. policies and practices
d. theories and tools
20. High-performance work organizations are most likely characterized by all of the following
a. extensive training
b. empowered front-line workers
c. multi-skilled work teams
d. commitment to high production rates
21. Which of the following is a written statement that describes the activities, responsibilities,
working conditions, and supervisory responsibilities of a job?
a. job description
b. job context
c. job analysis
d. job specification
22. Which of the following refers to the human requirements needed for a job, such as education,
skills, and personality?
a. job analysis
b. job specifications
c. job placement
d. job descriptions
23. Which of the following indicates the distribution of work within a firm and the lines of authority
a. organization chart
b. employee matrix
c. corporate overview
d. process chart
24. The primary drawback of performing a job analysis regards the ________.
a. costs associated with the technology needed for a job analysis
b. certification required to conduct a job analysis
c. unverifiable data a job analysis typically provides
d. amount of time a job analysis takes to complete
e. redundant information gathered during a job analysis
25. One of the problems with direct observation is ________, which is when workers alter their
normal activities because they are being watched.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.