DMAIC / SIX SIGMA Project
DMAIC / Six-Sigma Project
In this assessment, the students are required to implement DMAIC / Six Sigma projects. Upon the completion of the projects, instructors should be able to test the students` understanding of major part of the course materials.
1. Develop an appreciation of quality management theory, principles, and practices.
2. Use quality improvement tools and practices for continuous improvement.
DMAIC / Six-Sigma Project
During the process of projects implementation, hypothetically for the assessment`s purposes, picture your instructor as a chief executive officer of a company at any industry of your choice.
In order to gain the CEO` approval for quality improvement project (Six Sigma) and compete for full project`s sponsorship, you are required to provide a detailed project information to convince the instructor – supposedly the (CEO) to choose and support your project.
Guidance for the project proposal:
The proposal must include the following:
1. Product or Service Information: ( 100 – 150 words) – 1 point
Select an actual Product or Service from any local/international company that you would like to improve/change, and provide the following Information:
· The product or service general information such as name, features, value to customers..ect.
· Brief history about the chosen product or service (formation, sales, previous changes).
2. The necessity for change : ( 100 – 150 words)- 1 point
· The reasons behind the improvement decision, present no less than two reasons why you think the change is important for the product /service (Leadership, Competitors Technological advances, Training requirements, Rules and regulations, Customer demands).
3. Define Stage ( Planning) : ( 200 – 300 words)- 2 points
· Define the project’s scope, goals, and objectives and its team members and sponsors ( Project charter )
· Define the current and the desired status, the project scheduling.
· Define the stakeholders affected by the project such as (employees, society, customers, stockholders, suppliers…etc)
· Identify the team you need and the members` functions that will help you throughout the project.
· What method you plan to use for defining the project (Work Breakdown Structure, Pareto Diagrams) and why?
4. Measure Stage: ( 100 – 150 words)- 1.5 point
· Define the new process inputs, actions and desired outputs. (Hint : Process flowchart can be used to visualize the process)
· Define measurement Systems Analysis tool, to illustrate use measurements scales such as Nominal , Ordinal , Interval , Ratio. In addition, explain the reason for use.
5. Analyze Stage: ( 100 – 150 words)- 1.5 point
· Discuss no less than two conditions that might hinder the project progression (process variation) using one of tools mentioned in chapter (15 – Analyze Stage).
· Describe the new value delivered to the customers upon the successful implementation of the project.
6. Improve / Design stage: ( 100 – 150 words)- 1.5 point
· Present no more than two condition that can be altered to make the desired change ( cost , operation, human resource).
· Discuss one to two techniques you plan to use to improve the efficiency of process such as lean tools, 5S …etc.
7. Control Stage: ( 100 – 150 words)- 1.5 point
· Identify two methods that the team can use to evaluate performance after the project completion.
· Document two to three learned lessons from the process ( This part could be connected to the overall project experience )
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.