1. When companies measure the number of people who are willing and able to buy their products, they are measuring ________.
a. disposable income
b. standard of living
c. price elasticity
d. real needs
2. When Volvo runs ads suggesting that its cars are the safest that money can buy, it is trying to
a. enter a new market
b. segment the market
c. provide a service
d. develop brand loyalty
e. position its product
3. Industry boundaries are blurring rapidly as companies identify new opportunities at the
intersection of two or more industries. This is called ________.
d. industry convergence
4. The success of online purchasing resulted in ________ in the delivery of products and services
by intervening in the traditional flow of goods through distribution channels.
e. reduced competition
5. Marketers at Johnny Inc. believe in putting their customers ahead of everything else. Their
products are carefully designed to meet customer requirements and the entire focus is on
achieving customer satisfaction. Johnny Inc. follows the ________ concept in doing business.
b. social responsibility
6. ________ marketing aims to build mutually satisfying, long-term collaboration with key
constituents such as customers, employees, suppliers, distributors, and other marketing
partners in order to earn and retain their business.
7. Which of the following is most consistent with the integrated marketing approach?
a. Online marketing is less important than traditional marketing efforts.
b. If left alone, consumers are inclined to purchase only inexpensive products.
c. A good product will sell itself.
d. All communication to consumers must deliver a consistent message irrespective of the
e. In order to succeed, the main focus should be on having an efficient production
process in place.
8. Holistic marketing incorporates ________ marketing, an understanding of broader concerns in
the ethical, environmental, legal, and social context of marketing activities.
b. social responsibility
9. The task of any business is to ________.
a. deliver customer value at a profit
b. differentiate in terms of cost of production
c. reduce competition
d. create customer needs
e. communicate similar value as provided by competitors
10. In economies with many different types of people, each with his/her own wants, perceptions,
preferences, and buying criteria, ________.
a. all market segments are equally profitable
b. the traditional marketing approach would be the best approach to follow
c. the producers should focus on niche markets
d. companies now see themselves as part of a value delivery process
e. target market strategies are no longer effective
11. The last step in the value creation and delivery sequence is ________ the value where the
sales force, sales promotion, advertising, and other communication tools announce and
promote the product.
12. With respect to the core business processes, the ________ process includes all the activities
involved in developing and launching high-quality products quickly and within budget.
a. new-offering realization
c. fulfillment management
d. customer relationship management
e. customer acquisition
13. ________ management allows the company to discover who its target markets are, how they
behave and what they need or want. It also enables the company to respond appropriately,
coherently, and quickly to different customer opportunities.
b. Supply chain
d. Total quality
e. Customer relationship
14. The key to utilizing organizational core competencies is to ________ that make up the essence
of the business.
a. vertically integrate and own all intermediaries
b. own and nurture the resources and competencies
c. emphasize global promotions
d. force organizational departments to justify the budgetary components
e. segment the workforces
15. Most large companies consist of four organizational levels: the corporate level, the ________
level, the business unit level, and the product level.
a. management team
b. major stakeholder
c. board of director
16. A clear, thoughtful mission statement provides employees with a shared sense of purpose,
direction, and ________.
c. target market feasibility
d. continuous improvement
e. quality products
17. The ________ sphere is the number of channel levels—from raw materials to final product and
distribution—in which a company will participate.
b. market segment
18. Which of the following is an example of intensive growth?
a. A company develops new products for its existing markets.
b. A company enters a new market with current products.
c. A company developing new products for new markets.
d. A company improves its market share with its current products in the current markets.
e. A company improving sales by integrating backwards.
19. Through its cutting-edge point-of-sale inventory management technology and highly efficient
shipping practices, Walmart is able to keep its inventory expenditure extremely low and to
pass these savings on to consumers in the form of low prices. Walmart’s strategy is best
described as ________.
a. market development
b. a focused approach
c. overall cost leadership
e. integrative growth
20. The heart of the internal records system is the ________.
a. human resources system
b. expense cycle
c. pay-roll system
d. order-to-payment cycle
e. purchase order cycle
21. A ________ is a set of procedures and sources managers use to obtain everyday information
about developments in the marketing environment.
a. sales information system
b. marketing intelligence system
c. viral marketing campaign
d. product management system
e. data warehousing system
22. A company can take several steps to improve the quality of its marketing intelligence. If the
company purchases competitive products for study, attends open houses and trade shows,
and reads competitors’ published reports and stockholder information, the company is using
________ to improve the quality of its marketing intelligence.
a. external networks
b. advisory panels
c. sales-force surrogates
e. customer feedback systems
23. Elance.com is a service provider that allows contractors to describe their level of satisfaction
with subcontractors. This is an example of a(n) ________.
a. customer complaint site
b. distributor or sales agent feedback site
c. public blog
d. combo site offering customer reviews and expert opinions
e. independent customer goods and service review forum
24. A ________ is a direction or sequence of events that has some momentum and durability; it
reveals the shape of the future and can provide strategic direction.
25. The three largest subgroups of the Hispanics in the U.S. are ________, ________, and
a. Brazilian; Mexican; Cuban
b. Mexican; Puerto Rican; Cuban
c. Salvadoran; Dominican; Columbian
d. Puerto Rican; Mexican; Chilean
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.